We are looking for a skilled and motivated Technical/Production Manager for a three month contract, from May to July 2018. This is a key role and will work closely with our co-Artistic Directors from the initial programming through to festival delivery.
We need someone who can calmly and carefully deal with a large number of varied requests, and who has both production experience and strong technical knowledge. You will be working on up to 80 different shows.
Your job is to assess and coordinate all technical and physical production requirements, including some ‘shell’ venues that we will need to kit out on a tight budget. You will liaise with artists, producers, venue team and the rest of festival team, and work with the festival team to plan and deliver a successful festival.
Artist submissions closed recently and we are currently selecting works. Check out the technical info pack sent to artists here, which will give you an idea of the scale of the project.
Please contact us if you are interested and have these skills and/or knowledge:
- as a production manager – planning, costing, resourcing and technically delivering in non-traditional theatre spaces (as well as in a theatre and a Spiegeltent)
- working to a tight budget and finding creative solutions to production challenges
- confidence negotiating with and supporting artists to achieve their vision (within available resources)
- have a strong safety focus
- work well with artists
- strong technical knowledge
- rigging certificate (not essential)
- problem solver
- have excellent scheduling and communication skills
- leading a small team of technical crew and stage management
- enjoyment of being part of a team that creates something special
We would like to engage someone in this role by the end of April, with a view to starting in May 2018. The working hours during May and June will usually be within a 9am-5pm schedule. Approximately 10-20 hours per week until July when the hours will be approximately 40-50 hours per week.
Contract fee to be negotiated with the successful applicant, based on $60-80,000 pa.
We are also looking for casual stage managers and venue technicians competent in operating lighting, audio and AV. For more information contact Kim Walsh on (02) 9083 8703.
To apply please send your current CV and a cover letter stating your experience for the role and why you’d like to work on Bondi Feast to email@example.com